Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
Confirm that all contributing authors of the manuscript have read and authorized the submission of the article, all included content is true and correct to the best of your knowledge, and that you have ethical approval for any human or animal experimentation (for more information see our Instructions for Authors).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or RTF document file format. All attachments must be included in the correct format. FFHD will not convert your files or reorganize incorrectly coordinated submissions. The preferred format for manuscript submissions is Microsoft Word .doc with figures and tables embedded in the designated area, as described in our instruction page for authors.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font, Times New Roman; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Upload your cover letter in the "Supplementary Files" section of submission process. The cover letter should explain the importance of your topic, it relevance to the main focus of our journal, and explaining any special circumstances. In the cover letter, please specify that you are able to pay publication fee (695.00 USD) and provide the names and contact information of 5 qualified reviewers.
Provide a list of the correct email addresses for all manuscript authors. This contact information is necesscary to confirm receipt, acceptance, and publishing information with all contributors.
An article processing fee of $695 will apply for every submission to cover costs associated with publication. Once the author has received an emailed notification of general acceptance, payment must be completed within 7 days. Article processing charge discounts or waivers may be applied on a case-by-case basis to authors with financial hardships. To apply for a waiver or discount, please contact the editorial team at email@example.com. A decision will be made within approximately 3 business days. Submission of the article to the journal may be delayed until a final fee for the author has been decided. However, the content of your article may assist in the editor’s decision. Any applicable article processing charge must be paid prior to publication.
The submitting author should assume financial responsibility for the costs associated with publishing this manuscript, promising to complete the necessary arrangements for payment within 7 days of general acceptance.
Please be sure to read our instructions for authors and verify that all information has been included properly in your manuscript. Incorrect information or formatting will result in a substantial delay in publishing time.
Yes, I am the corresponding author of this article. I accept the terms and conditions of submission of the journal Functional Foods in Health and Disease.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.